IIITDM Jabalpur – Students admitted to hospital after food poisoning

0
161
views
Students of IIITDM Jabalpur
Students of IIITDM Jabalpur admitted to hospital.

IIITDM Jabalpur, well known prestigious institute governed by MHRD having a tagline of “institute of national importance” has two central messes running since 2014.After the reporting done by the students, it was decided by the mess supervisor that for the year 2017-18, second year, third year and new PG students will be having their meals at central mess 1 and first year, final year and old PG students will be taking their meals in central mess 2.

From the starting of the semester, Students were complaining about the quality of food that was being served to them in their respective messes. Due to the ignorance of the matter by the administration of IIITDM Jabalpur, a heart breaking incident occurred whose adverse effect resulted in admitting more than 150 students of the institute to various hospitals of Jabalpur on 10th august. The hospitals of Jabalpur were flooded late night by the students of the institute and many of them were rushed to the hospitals due to their bad health conditions.

Several students started suffering from fever, sickness, headache, vomiting, constipation and unconciosness on 10th august. Students of the institute stated ” We were served malai kofta previous night and we ate it like we usually do”. They also added ” that malai kofta had turned poisonous and affected more than 200 students”. The affected students were admitted to hospital by their colleagues.

Students of IIITDM Jabalpur
Students of IIITDM Jabalpur admitted to hospital.

When the administration came to know about this situation, they refused to take the responsibility. They were very late in helping the students who were admitted in the hospitals and their reaction to this incident was normal. They didn’t show any concern even when the number of students being admitted to the hospitals were increasing. “The administration tried to justify this incident with false news to the media” said the students.The administration was claiming that the cause of the incident was viral fever. They refused to accept that the reason behind this incident was the poor quality of food being served in mess.

 

Also read – IIT Mandi – Students Living in Uninhabitable Conditions

 

 

Comments

comments